Thursday 9 August 2012

My first post



The rains have arrived in Mumbai, bringing with it the happiness and an equal dose of gloom. The wet potholed roads, the slush, children in colourful rain gear, getting unwillingly into the school bus and the busy streets jammed with big and small vehicles. Sitting near my window, with  a glass of garma garam morning coffee.......( my day is made only when I have this milk laden, frothy  kapi .....as all south Indians pronounce)..... Lovely breeze coming in from the window, the smell of mud.... perfect day to sit, dream, paint, sing, make or do just any crazy stuff. The view outside my window was lovely and  I just had to pull out my camera to click some pictures……and here they are. I still have to learn a lot about handling camera... but I would like to believe that I am good at photography.



The view of the service road from my window on a lovely rainy morning.....


...and the main road with vehicles whizzing past


Seriously I could not understand why little Johny wanted the rains to go away. Isn't it much more fun to play when it is raining.... getting wet, jumping in the slush and getting dirty,  returning home, sneezing... and missing school....? Wish I had never grown up.....


No comments:

Post a Comment